"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right. " ~John K. Hutchens, New York Herald Tribune, 10 September 1961

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Doldrums

Contrary to one of my earlier posts, I'm pondering whether a strange variation of combined writer's block has hit the forums collectively, over at the 'Lounge. It seems every which way I turn, someone's mourning the absence of words. Words. It's all about words, isn't it?

Mine is a little more sinister: fear. And somewhere underneath it all, is the feeling I can't get away from: I am undeserving because I did the one thing I thought I'd never to - push it away - and now, it seems I'm terrified of calling it back. At the end of the day, I've defined myself through my work, and if I'm not a writer than who the hell am I?

Oh...and this just in. We've got a serious contribution request from a Daily Times reporter - just checked my inbox. Is that neat, or what? Seems like we're really kicking things off. Hinteresting, so very hinteresting, indeed.

Things seem to be looking up for the Lounge. It's been a long time coming, but we're getting somewhere. The only way to move is forward, after all.

Yes, this just lifted me from my writer's doldrums. How heavenly.

It also looks like I'll be starting the podcasts after all, and probably on my own. How strange that the first voice people will hear will be mine, representing DesiWritersLounge.net. I find that decidedly odd. However, it's all in the name of progress after all.

Here's to moving forward!

No comments: