"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right. " ~John K. Hutchens, New York Herald Tribune, 10 September 1961

Friday, December 14, 2007

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Fracked Up World

I feel like we've been treading and retreading the same waters over and over again, over the past few months. Design? Re-design. Person located, finally. Didn't work out. Should we or shouldn't we? We should. Just when we go in again, madness ensues. Things just weren't meant to be, I guess. This also means I'll have to work on the templates on my own, but I am a little more confident in myself with my newfound and rediscovered knowledge. I'll be fine, but might not have the time to usurp my editing duties. We'll see, however.

Reference to the Writer's Strike made by Clarice, things are looking slightly up for the writers with the DGA (Directors' Guild) refusing to renegotiate their own contract until the AMPTP settles things with the writers. The AMPTP, if you believe in the rumors floating around, wanted the DGA to start their own negotiations thereby putting the pressure on the WGA. Nice to see the concept of unity in the creative community, still exists.

It's a mad, mad, mad, mad, mad world out there. They got that part right.

So, though a new design and logo is on the way, there's probably still some time until we get there. I've got some very talented graphic designing companies on the line for the logo work, so there's that lovely thing to consider. What look are we going for? Classic funky. You do the math. Something that screams: the Lounge. Should we go with the 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' idea, or should we break it down into something else? Do you have any ideas? The Administration speaketh. Go forth into those creative tunnels, don't turn out the bulb of genius and venture out never, until you've got something up your sleeve.

Sparks!

2 comments:

Khaver Siddiqi said...

Should we make designs ourselves :S ?

Unknown said...

If you can, sure. I'll pass it along. Ideas would be nice, though. :)