"A writer and nothing else: a man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right. " ~John K. Hutchens, New York Herald Tribune, 10 September 1961

Sunday, November 25, 2007

It's Official

Development, at least temporarily, is over. Thanks to our reliable representative in West Bengal, India, development has prematurely halted. As I scramble to get my thoughts and schedules together, polling for the e-zine might just be extended since we're no longer working on a deadline. Or so it seems.

In my hunt for a new development team, I've decided to ditch the extra components and features for now, subject to good re-design work instead. So we'll see how all that pans out. There will in all likelihood, be a round of further discussions and negotiations which of course, isn't something I particularly look forward to.

But this will, however, give me a lot of time to plan out the design in detail as well as work with the designer to come up with both an effective color scheme as well as a well suited logo to our site and concept. Hopefully, something before the reading scheduled in March. We'll need logos and color schemes on the bookmarks and banners, so...still a lot of work to be done.

I suppose the key in all this is organization and planning down to the last detail. That may have been the lesson learnt in all this. But just thought everyone should know, about the latest upheaval in running a website...since it seems, for all intents and purposes, I am the website...which in a certain light, is just plain sad.

Hopefully my next post will be a tad more hopeful.

No comments: